The VivoSight® OCT scanner is an advanced laser based imaging technology that produces high definition images of the skin up to a depth of 2mm. The system has been developed specifically to help dermatologists diagnose and treat a range of commonly occurring skin cancers and other conditions.
VivoSight has a light weight manoeuvrable probe that is placed against the skin to produce real time images. The whole process takes just a few minutes. These images identify diagnostically important features without the need for a biopsy.
With the aid of VivoSight images the dermatologist can immediately:
- Confirm the clinical diagnosis and severity of Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC)
- Distinguish between a superficial Actinic Keratosis (AK) and a more invasive Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC)
- Monitor the progress of non-melanoma skin cancers undergoing non-invasive treatments such as PDT
The VivoSight OCT scanner is also being used in the following areas:
- Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
- Oral cancer
- Cosmetics research
- High definition images reveal diagnostically important features
- Image depth of up to 2mm
- Light weight manoeuvrable probe for easy image capture
- Confirms clinical diagnosis without the need for a biopsy