The VivoSight Scanner NOW equipped with a NEW Micro Camera
What is VivoSight?
VivoSight is a Multi-Beam Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) system is indicated for use in the two-dimensional, cross-sectional, real-time imaging of external tissues of the human body, to aid trained and competent clinicians in their assessment of a patient’s clinical conditions.
What are the benefits of VivoSight?
VivoSight enables clinicians to quickly and confidently assess skin conditions such as NMSC giving the following benefits:
- Real-time, high definition images of all the layers of the skin.
- Superior image quality over competitor technologies.
- Accurate delineation of the size and depth of the lesion.
- The ability to show patients images of their tumour before, during and after treatment.
- Great speed and ease of use leading to improved efficiency and cost-effective treatment.
- Non-invasive and painless, potentially reducing the need for biopsies.
- May allow earlier detection and treatment, potentially reducing the need for more complicated intervention at a later stage.
NEW Micro Camera
The VivoSight scanner probe is now equipped with a new Micro Camera that provides the user with a real-time, colour, magnified view of the skin lesion being scanned. The new Micro Camera image is shown simultaneously with the vertical and en face OCT images, making the VivoSight scanner the only dermatological clinical OCT device to provide a threefold view of the lesion. The Micro Camera view can also be stored along with the OCT image data, for later review by the clinician.
How it is used
The scanning probe is simply placed on to the lesion. In just a few seconds the laser probe scans a 6mm x 6mm region, producing a set of high-definition images that are displayed on screen and also stored for reference. Multiple lesions and larger lesions can be quickly scanned. It’s an efficient, painless and safe process.
Typically, the dermatologist will discuss the VivoSight OCT image with the patient, to help them understand their condition, what the treatment options are and which they recommend.
Where is it used?
VivoSight has regulatory clearance in Europe and Australia, and FDA 510(k) clearance in the US. Following a successful launch in Germany where it is reimbursed.
Why is it important?
NMSC is the most common skin cancer with approximately 3.5 million new cases in the USA each year1.